Host a class
Osteofit and Get Up & Go! can be implemented at any community centre or recreation facility. These classes, weight room programs or personal training sessions must be led by a fully certified Osteofit instructor, personal trainer. To lead the Get Up & Go! programs, the Osteofit instructor must complete the Get Up & Go! training. All Osteofit instructors and personal trainers must renew certification every three years. The Osteofit provincial coordinator will provide support and act as a liaison between your facility and BC Women's Health Centre.
For more information contact the provincial coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each facility determines the fee for participation in Osteofit and collects the fees from participants.
Osteofit is a BC Women's trademarked program and must be delivered according to the pre-determined format and curriculum. To maintain the quality of the program, BC Women's recommends a low instructor-participant ratio.
To offer the Osteofit program in accordance with BC Women's standards, your facility is required to provide the following equipment:
- Suitable straight-backed chairs
- Exercise bands or resistance tubing
- Hand-held weights
- Floor mats
- Foam blocks
- Bean bags and balloons may be required at the discretion of the instructor
- Secure storage of participants' medical clearance forms
- Photocopies of information handouts for participants
- Data on Osteofit attendance four times year