We provide the following services:
- Confidential Ethics Consultations - are available for our patients, their families and our healthcare teams. No referral is required. Please contact Dr. Alice Virani to schedule your consultation.
- Ethics Committees - meet each month at BC Women's Hospital to examine complex ethical issues and act in an advisory role in the development and implementation of ethically based hospital policy. If you are a staff member and would like to consult with our ethics committee, please contact Laurie Stewart in our administration office to schedule a visit.
- Ethics for Lunch Education Series - provides the opportunity for our frontline healthcare professionals to examine key issues and build competencies in clinical ethics. These lunch hour sessions are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from September through to June in room D308 from 12:00pm - 1:00pm. Please contact Laurie Stewart if you would like to be added to our listserve.
- Case of the Month - provides our healthcare teams with the opportunity to explore a variety of complex ethical issues and determine the best plan of treatment.
- C&W Research Ethics Board (REB) - is a UBC-affiliated research ethics board responsible for the ethical review of:
- Clinical and behavioural research projects conducted on the Oak Street campus.
- Studies for which the principle investigator holds appointments with BC Women's & Children's which directly involves patients, records or resources of the Oak Street campus.