About our Service
We assist individuals and their families through the process of identifying a genetic diagnosis. We provide information and support to help them cope and decide on the best course of care for themselves or their family.
Children and adults may be referred for genetic assessment and counselling for a variety of reasons:
- Evaluation and diagnosis of genetic conditions.
- Parent(s) who have had a previous pregnancy or child with a birth defect, developmental delay or a known or suspected genetic condition.
- A family history of a birth defect or a known or suspected genetic condition.
We prefer to provide in person appointments whenever possible; however, appointments by videoconference may be available in certain circumstances.
We also provide outreach services to Prince George and the Thompson/Okanagan region several times a year.
You may meet the following Health Care Professionals during your appointment:
UBC Huntington Disease Clinics
- Registration & Scheduling Clerk
- Genetic Counsellor
- Geneticist - specialist physician
University of British Columbia
2211 Westbrook Mall, Room S179
Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5
Vancouver Island Department of Medical Genetics
Victoria General Hospital
1 Hospital Way
Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5
Telephone: (205) 727-4461
Fax (250) 727-4295