Virtual Health is a patient-centered care model focused on connecting patients, families and providers, through the use of technology to promote wellness, specialty care and improved outcomes. We believe using technology to deliver health services is the natural evolution of health in the digital world, and many patients have requested Virtual Health options.
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to have your appointments virtually. In a Virtual Health visit you are able to see, hear and speak to your health care providers in the same way as an in-person visit, using technology. If you agree to participate, you will be asked to share your email address with our clinical program in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
In collaboration with you, we will assess, evaluate and continuously improve our Virtual Health service, and determine if this is an effective way to help you.
Participation in a Virtual Health visit is voluntary and your choice will not affect your care in any way. If a Virtual Health visit is not meeting your needs, the session may be changed to an alternate visit as soon as possible.
If you choose to participate:
• We will require your email address to send you the visit invitations, instructional materials, and survey links.
• You are required to have a compatible device. Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows devices newer than 2012 are recommended.
You will be asked to follow the instructions we provide to set up your device prior to the appointment. It should take less than five minutes. These instructions
will help you join and participate in the Virtual Health visit. Our care team is unable to provide you with trouble shooting or technical support.
• A Virtual Health visit requires the same privacy considerations as an in-person visit and you are responsible to find a private space to participate in your Virtual Health visit.
• Recording is not permitted.
• You may have a family member or friend with you, but we ask that you introduce them at the beginning of your Virtual Health visit.