During your time at Women's, you may experience times of joy and celebration, or times of disappointment, distress and grief. During difficult experiences, intense emotions and painful questions may arise:
- "Why my child?"
- "How do I cope?"
- "Does anyone care?"
- "Where is God when it hurts?"
- "What does this mean?"
- "How can I keep going?"
We provide spiritual care to help you explore these questions and others. Our spiritual health practitioners (chaplains) are able to:
- offer comfort and compassion
- listen to your story
- support you in your journey
- help with ethical dilemmas you may be facing
- offer spiritual support and prayer if you wish
- help you plan special services
- contact a local minister or spiritual leader
A spiritual health practitioner (chaplain) is available on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Outside of regular office hours, a team of on-call spiritual health practitioners responds to emergencies.
Please ask a nurse or staff person to page us, or leave a message at our office. We are able to visit you in our office or any other area of the hospital.
Chapel / Sacred Space: BC Women's Hospital, 2nd floor corridor
Quiet Room: BC Children's Hospital, 3rd floor, Room 3D18
BC Children's Hospital
4480 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3V4