Skip to main content

Gynecology + Pelvic Health

Part of your health plan includes having an annual pap smear. This means your doctor can make sure that your pelvic organs (uterus, tubes and ovaries) are of normal size and shape, and located in the normal position. And, he/she can check for signs of infection or abnormality of the cervix that could signal cancer.

For the most part, your family doctor or gynecologist can help you with these needs. You may also like to learn more by checking out the health information on the website for the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada.

Specialized Clinics at BC Women's 

Access Clinic

The Access Clinic offers breast (breast exams and mammograms) and gynecological (pap smears) cancer screening to women with disabilities who cannot be seen at their doctor's office.

Centre for Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis

The Centre for Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis is an interdisciplinary program focused on the assessment and treatment of women who have chronic pelvic pain and/or endometriosis. A physician's referral is required to book an appointment.

SOURCE: Gynecology + Pelvic Health ( )
Page printed: . Unofficial document if printed. Please refer to SOURCE for latest information.

Copyright © BC Women's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.

    Copyright © 2024 Provincial Health Services Authority.