Referral is required for this clinic. Referring health care provider, please fax referral and all supporting documentation to 604-875-3136. Please note our updated eligibility guidelines as of October 1, 2019.
- > 2 consecutive unexplained pregnancy losses at < 10 weeks gestation.
- > 1 unexplained pregnancy loss > 10 weeks and < 20 weeks gestation by ultrasound.
- Patients with > 1 documented unexplained pregnancy loss at any gestational age with:
- chronic histiocytic intervillositis, OR;
- known anti-phospholipid syndrome, OR:
- suspected major uterine anomaly (includes fibroids and adenomysosis, excudes arcuate uterus), OR;
- know parental translocation.
A large number of losses are due to random aneuploidy (abnormal number of chomosomes) in the embryo. We recommend cytogenetic testing at the time of 2nd consecutive pregnancy loss > 10 weeks (by CRL).
Samples, accompanied by completed and signed requisitions, may be delivered to the C&W laboratory,located on the second floor of BC Children's Hospital through Entrance 11.