PHSA Ethics Service is a free, confidential service. We support people seeking and accessing services, as well as their loved ones.
An ethics consult may be helpful for issues related to:
- Uncertainty or differing opinions about care plans
- Concerns about continuing, stopping or refusing treatment
- Questions about who should make health-care decision
- Patient privacy/confidentiality
- End-of-life decisions
- Tensions related to values, religion or culture
In an ethics consult, we can:
- Facilitate respectful discussions about health care questions and concerns;
- help people think through the values that are ost important to them;
- support people to reach decisions that are right for them and their loved ones;
- keep information confidential; and
- support people in talking with their helath care teams.
Call us to make an appointment for an ethics consultation.
Nina Preto, PhD