We provide confidential support to patients and families facing complex, difficult medical decisions, and to the healthcare professionals caring for them.
Are you facing a difficult medical decision?
- Uncertainty or confusion about what treatment option is best for you/your baby
- Concerns about continuing, stopping or refusing treatment
- Issues regarding patient rights
- Different opinions among or between family members and/or healthcare providers about treatment goals or the plan of care
- End of life decision making
An ethics consultation can help.
- We meet with patients, families and/or healthcare teams to identify and help balance various, sometimes conflicting, interests & values
- We assist patients, families and healthcare teams in reaching ethically based decisions and care plans
- We do not make decisions for you
- If there are different views about a plan of care, we can help by providing the opportunity for a discussion that is safe, respectful and fair
Call us to make an appointment for an ethics consultation.
Dr. Alice Virani, Director, Ethics Service
Dr. Nina Preto, Clinical Ethicist
Laurie Stewart, Program Coordination & Admin