Information for patients who think they may have an infection following their Caesarean Section delivery.
We encourage you to contact your Maternity Care Provider if you think you may have a wound infection or have the following symptoms or concerns:
• Discharge or liquid coming out of incision
• Incision that is opening up
• Redness or swelling
• Pain that is getting worse
• Fever (increased body temperature).
Please call the BC Women's Assessment Room at (604) 875-3070 to speak to a nurse if you have any of the following:
- a fever greater than 38°C/100.4°F
- problems such as severe pain or heavy bleeding
- are worried about a C-section infection at night or on the weekend.