We want to help make getting to and driving on campus safe, easy, and efficient. Here is what you need to know:
There is a one-way ring road that circles the entire site; traffic flows counter-clockwise. This ensures the safe passage of everyone on site during construction.
Choose from the following three roadway entrances, as seen on the Wayfinding Map:
- Oak Street Entrance
- Willow Street Entrance
- W 28th Avenue Entrance
Please note: The W 28th Avenue entrance is inaccessible from the east. Enter from the west (Oak Street).
Whether you arrive by transit, cycling, or carshare, we have services on site to support your choice.
The Children's & Women's Health Centre of BC Community Map shows you locations of:
Major transit stops (bus and Canada Line)
Places of interest close to BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Visit the TransLink Trip Planner to plan your transit trip to BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre.
There are multiple bus routes that stop near the hospital campus, all within a 5 minute walking distance:
- The #25 (Brentwood Stn/UBC) stops at 50338 (King Edward Ave and Oak St)
- The #17 (Oak/Downtown) stops at 50454 (NB Oak St at Devonshire Crescent)
- The #17 (Oak/Downtown) stops at 50339 (SB Oak St at Devonshire Crescent)
- The #33 (29 Ave Stn/UBC) stops travels NB and SB on Cambie Street and stops just outside of the King Edward Avenue Canada Line Station
Taking the Canada Line SkyTrain
The Canada Line provides rapid transit service from downtown Vancouver to both YVR airport and to Richmond city centre (Bridgeport Station).
Closest Canada Line station
King Edward Avenue Station (corner of West King Edward Avenue and Cambie Street)
8-10 minutes from the hospital campus
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre supports your cycling endeavours!
Use Google Maps to plan your cycling trip. You can:
- select terrain and elevation
- see all types of cycling lanes (shared, bicyle-friendly roads, designated lanes, and trails)
Maps for cycling
Using a carshare, such as car2go, evo, modo, or zipcar can be a quick and hassle-free transportation choice.
There are three locations on and around the hospital campus for car2go carshare vehicles. See the Site Services and Travel Options Map for locations of these vehicles.