The BC Women’s Urgent Care Centre is the province's only urgent care centre dedicated to caring for pregnant and postpartum women.
Visit the Urgent Care Centre if:
- You are experiencing bleeding in your 2nd or 3rd trimester
- You have been diagnosed as a high blood pressure pregnancy
- You are experiencing a lack of fetal movement
- Your water has broken or you think you are in labour
- You are scheduled for a C-section, but go into labour early
The Urgent Care Centre is located at entrance 97, which is between the Oak Street entrance and the Willow Street entrance. See our wayfinding map
for more details.
If you have an urgent obstetrical concern and are unable to come to the Urgent Care Centre, contact your maternity care provider immediately.
If you are pregnant and are experiencing symptoms that are not in the above list, please contact your family doctor or maternity care provider.
If you are not pregnant and require emergency care, please seek care at your local emergency department or call 911. For non-life threatening illness or injuries, you can visit an urgent and primary care centre. You can view local urgent care and emergency department wait times in real time.