How to Apply
1) Please read the first page of the application form as it has important information
2) Complete the 3 page application in full and mail, FAX or deliver in person to the New Beginnings Maternity Clinic. Please come to the clinic in person if you need us to print the application for you or you need help filling in the forms. There may be a wait if the clinic is busy.
3) The New Beginnings Maternity Clinic Team will review your application and determine if you are eligible to apply based on our criteria and space available in the clinic.
4) You will receive a letter by mail notifying you that you are eligible to continue the application process OR that you have been declined. If you are eligible to continue with the application process you will be asked for documents to support your application.
5) When you have received a letter that you are being considered for a spot in the clinic, you will be asked to FAX or hand deliver the following documents:
Proof of earnings (ie. paystubs), for you and your partner, for all jobs held in Canada or your home country for the past 6 months
Rent receipt or Property Tax Statement, or Notice of Property Assessment
Bank account records for all accounts held by you and your partner, in Canada and your home country for the past 6 months
Credit Card statements for all credit cards held by you and your partner for the past 6 months
Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment for past tax year (if you worked in Canada)
Passport ID page and attached Visas (if you are not Canadian)
Landing papers or Permanent Resident card
CIC client ID # and printed application status (for all spousal sponsorship applications)
Marriage certificate (for all spousal sponsorship applications)
6) When we receive the complete application, the New Beginnings Maternity Clinic team reviews it and a final decision is made. You will receive notification of our final decision by phone or mail. If your application is declined at any stage of the application process, the decision is not negotiable.
Processing times can vary and may take several weeks. Please seek alternate medical care while you wait for us to process your application. Please let us know if you need assistance finding a care provider (Doctor, Midwife or Nurse Practitioner) while you wait.
To ensure the shortest wait time, please complete the application form in full and send all requested documents.
Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.