The CAE Vimedix OB/Gyne Ultrasound simulator is designed to give learners an exploratory training environment to develop and practice scanning skills.
Photo: BC Women’s Hospital Sonographer, Amanda Easton and BCIT student, Jenalee Jarvis, using the PRIME Centre’s obstetrics simulator “Catherine.”
The simulator interface consists of an Augmented Reality display, an ultrasound display and multiple features that allow the user to perform various functions and adjust settings.
Users can gain proficiency in the following skills:
- Image optimization and acquisition
- Assessment of normal and abnormal fetal anatomy
- Determination of gestational age and fetal growth
- Evaluation of maternal pelvic anatomy
- Performance of endovaginal and transabdominal ultrasound examinations
For inquiries regarding the use of the simulator, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org