We provide surgical abortions up to the 24th week of pregnancy through the BC Women's Abortion Clinic (CARE Program). For more information, or to book an appointment, please contact us.
The CARE Program provides surgical abortions using conscious (awake) sedation and local anesthesia for managing pain. Your clinic visit may take up to four hours. BC Women's does not provide medical abortions.
abortions, preparing for your appointment and aftercare.
You can book an appointment online at any time via our secure confidential booking site. You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire that will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. You will receive a confirmation of your online booking within two business days.
Phone: 604-875-2022 or 1-888-300-3088 ext. 2022 (toll free)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays). Our phone lines are often very busy
. Please be prepared to wait to speak to a booking clerk.
- Have your CareCard number available. If you do not have a CareCard or you are not from British Columbia, please inform the booking clerk.
Our phone lines are busy. Please be prepared to wait to speak to a booking clerk.
Booking your appointment will take 15 to 20 minutes.
You must make your appointment yourself. You will be asked questions about your personal and medical history, including this pregnancy.
You will need two pieces of identification to enter the clinic. One piece must be photo ID and the other, your BC CareCard. If you do not have ID please tell the clerk while you are booking your appointment.
Abortion procedures are covered through the Medical Services Plan of BC. If you are not sure of your coverage refer to
If you do not have a BC CareCard, or outside of the Yukon, North West Territories, Alberta, or Nunavut, the cost can range between $500.00 and $650.00 for the abortion procedure.
In situations where additional preparation for the abortion is required there will be additional costs.
We accept Cash/Debit/Visa/Mastercard.
- The booking clerk will give you a date and time to confirm your abortion appointment.
- You must confirm your appointment as directed by the booking clerk or it will be cancelled automatically.
- To confirm your appointment call: 604-875-2022 or 1-888-300-3088, ext.2022 (toll free). Press #1 and give your name and the date and time of your appointment.
- You will not receive a return call from CARE confirming that we have received your confirmation.