BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre’s Neonatal Program includes the:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Mother Baby Care (MBC)
- Neonatal Complex Care Program
- Neonatal Follow-up Program
- Division of Neonatology in UBC’s Department of Pediatrics
Together with the obstetric programs, it provides comprehensive Level II and Level III perinatal (immediately before and after birth) services including:
- Direct specialized neonatal care
- Extracorporeal life support (a full-service program for patients that successfully manages the care of infants and children in multi-system failure.) It is provided in a joint program with the Pediatric Intensive Care unit at BC Children’s Hospital.
- Pre-operative and post-operative neonatal care.
The Neonatal Program maintains strong collaborative relationships with the other perinatal care providers in BC and with the BC Perinatal Health Program. Physician referral is required.