Hospital parking fees around the province are in effect as of March 4, 2022 for patients, visitors and staff following the recent Ministry of Health News Release.
The BC Government has exempted pay parking for some patients, including:
- patients receiving dialysis treatment
- patients undergoing cancer treatment
- parents or caregivers of children staying in the hospital overnight as inpatients (this does not include maternity patients)
- eligible volunteers
Patients who are known to be coming in for these types of treatments, and are in contact with their programs, can receive guidance from their program on how to park for free.
Those who qualify for free parking during their stay can be entered into the system by their care provider (or someone with clinical knowledge about the patient).
If you believe you qualify for a pay parking exemption, and have not been contacted by your program, please pay for parking until your program enters your vehicle as exempt from pay parking in the system.
*Financial hardship parking permits may be available for those who are not exempt on a case-by-case basis. Please talk to your child's unit social worker for more information. If you don't know who that is, please talk to your child's unit clerk or booking clerk.
If you would like information on refunds, please email LMCparking@fraserhealth.ca.
Patients who want to voice concerns about hospital parking or the list of patients who are exempt from parking can contact the Health Ministry at 1-833-552-1891 or email HLTH.Health@gov.bc.ca.
If you have further questions, please contact parking administration at:
- 604-930-5440 Mon-Fri 8am-3pm (closed on statutory holidays)
- Impark Violation Dispute Line 604-909-3933 Mon–Fri 7am to 5pm
- Live customer support line: 604-305-0355 or 1-800-590-0309
- Helps with any parking related questions and queries
- Payment issues with meter or mobile payment option
- Violation questions or disputes
- Document and report customer experience and feedback
- Responds to site parking problems as reported