The Family Support & Resource Centre is a welcoming community space and library that provides accessible and quality health information.
We aim to help patients and their supporters become informed and active partners in making health care decisions along with their health care providers.
- Library resources and help finding health information;
- Free mailing service of resources anywhere in British Columbia and the Yukon, with return postage provided for free;
- Access to computers, internet, free fax and printing;
- Quiet lounge areas with a Little Free Library of adult fiction and children's books;
- Orientation, navigation and connections within the hospital and community;
- 24 hour computer kiosks;
- Free coffee and tea.
You'll find all our library resources via our online library catalogue. This includes a wide variety of pamphlets, DVDs, and other resources on health topics.
Our 24 hour Computer Kiosks are located throughout the Oak Street campus.
- Patient/Family Info Area 1T4A
- Waiting Room A
- NICU Family Room 1N28
- Evergreen Lounge 2P
- Oncology Family Lounge 2B
- FSRC Kiosk 3R53
- PICU Waiting Rooms 1M4/IM7
You can also buy books created by health professionals across Provincial Health Services Authority via our online Bookstore