What we do
We work in partnership with community providers, especially community health representatives (CHR's) and other health providers both on and off-reserve. By coordinating with other professionals, government agencies and non-profit organizations, both federal and provincial, we are able to take advantage of existing resources in the province and work to strengthen the capacity within Indigenous communities.
At the hospital, Indigenous patient liaisons offer services to improve the quality of health care delivery to Indigenous patients through direct patient support and staff education.
- To empower Indigenous women to improve their health
- To provide appropriate culturally safe health services.
- To increase awareness of Indigenous women's health issues
- To develop and provide information for Indigenous women
- To improve health care providers' skills in caring for Indigenous women
- To help support Indigenous communities to become self-sufficient in meeting their women's health care needs.