What we do
We work in partnership with community providers, especially community health representatives (CHR's) and other health providers both on and off-reserve. By coordinating with other professionals, government agencies and non-profit organizations, both federal and provincial, we are able to take advantage of existing resources in the province and work to strengthen the capacity within Indigenous communities.
At the hospital, Indigenous patient navigators offer services to improve the quality of health care delivery to Indigenous patients through direct patient support and staff education.
- To support Indigenous women, children and families to improve their health by having access to safe and culturally relevant health services.
- To increase awareness of Indigenous people's health concerns
- To offer holistic and relational care for Indigenous women and families
- To improve health care providers' skills in caring for Indigenous women and families
- To help support Indigenous communities connect their community members to culturally safe and relevant health care.