The following is parking information for the Oak Street site where both BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre and BC Children's Hospital are located). For more parking information, call (604) 875-2086 during office hours.
Parking on the Oak Street site campus can be challenging, especially during our busiest mid-week clinic days and during cold and flu season.
Allow plenty of extra time for locating a spot and for walking across the large campus to your appointment.
Parking and Traffic Flow Interruptions:
- Parking Gate near West 28 Avenue Entrance closed; use Oak St. or Heather St. entrances
The parking gate near West 28 Avenue is closed and will remain closed until September. The site entrance will remain open but access to the north parking lot will now be from the Heather Street Entrance or the Oak Street Entrance. Please watch for new traffic patterns and follow the signs. Be aware that there may be flag persons directing traffic.
- Underground Parkade painting project
The underground parkade is being painted. Painting will take place on weekday evenings and weekends and sections of the parkade will be barricaded in rotation, to maintain access for patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Construction onsite: We have entered the next phase of our redevelopment project. As of February 2013 parking on site is even more limited. Please be aware that this can affect traffic flow. Check for the latest updates re construction and clinic relocations. Please consider using public transit to get to our Oak St. site which may be accessed via Oak St., Cambie St (bus and Canada Line), and King Edward Blvd transit routes.
New Parking Meter System
BC Children’s and BC Women’s is a pay by stall number operation. Patients and families simply remember their stall number they park in, enter the stall number into any meter on site, and pay for their parking on their way into the hospital. Please check out these frequently asked questions to find out how this affects your parking.
Steps for using the Parking Meter System
- Park in first available stall in any Patients Only stalls
- Remember your stall number
- Proceed to the nearest parking meter and touch the screen to activate the meter
- Input stall number
- Scroll through menu to find appropriate rate
- Pay required rate via exact coin or credit card – Note: Dispenser does not provide change.
- No need to return to your vehicle to display the receipt
Oak Street site
Pay parking is in effect 24 hours a day and all prices are subject to change.
Parking rates and options:
- Hourly/daily rates: $3.50 per hour or $14.25 for 24 hrs
- Longer-term parking pass options:
- 1-week pass is $63.75.
- 1-month pass is $103.25.
**Financial hardship permits may be available on a case by case basis. Please talk to your unit social worker for more information.**
Families coming to BC Children's may wish to use the valet parking service located in front of the Main and Emergency entrances for $2. This cost is in addition to regular parking rates.
See a list of RV parks and facilities located reasonably close to our Oak Street site.
The lots are patrolled to ensure designated areas are used properly. This helps ensure turnover in short-term parking areas to accommodate patient families.
If you are a patient/patient family member and you receive a violation, please call (604) 909-3939 or mail the ticket to the address specified on the on the violation notice.
While on site, if you require assistance or an escort to your car during evening or early morning hours, please call Protection Services 604-875-2999.
Updated: December 4, 2013