||Home > Volunteer > Apply to Volunteer
Apply to Volunteer
The process for accepting new volunteers can take several months. We pre-screen and select individuals from the information provided, so please be comprehensive in completing the application form. Please fax or mail the completed application form to us. It will be kept on file to be reviewed and short-listed for the interview process.
There are many more volunteer opportunities available during the weekdays, so if your free time is primarily on weekends or evenings - please be patient.
It is important that you carefully consider your involvement and commitment as a volunteer. Not everyone is suitable or accepted for the programs offered.
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre, BC Children's Hospital and the Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children are fortunate to have many individuals who are interested in volunteering. If we have not been in touch with you within six months, please contact us to update your application.
- must be 16 years of age
- able to attend an orientation training session
- be in good physical and mental health
- current immunizations up to date
- are able to make a 12 month commitment
- return a completed application form to volunteer resources
- provide two references
- sign an Pledge of Confidentiality
- submit to a Criminal Record Check
- For applications to Children's or Sunny Hill, paid or volunteer experience with children is required.
If you wish to volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form (PDF, 61 KB).
Room 1H43, 4480 Oak Street