BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre’s Neonatal Program includes the:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Intermediate Nursery
- Neonatal Follow up Program
- Division of Neonatology in UBC’s Department of Pediatrics
Together with the obstetric programs, it provides comprehensive Level II and Level III perinatal (immediatiely before and after birth) services including:
- Direct specialized neonatal care
- Extracorporeal life support (a full-service program for patients that successfully manages the care of infants and children in multi-system failure.) It is provided in a joint program with the Pediatric Intensive Care unit at BC Children’s Hospital.
The Neonatal Program maintains strong collaborative relationships with the other perinatal care providers in BC and with the BC Perinatal Health Program. Physician referral is required.