||Home > Services > Pregnancy, Birth and Newborns > Maternity & Family Care > Family Practice Maternity Service
Family Practice Maternity Service
The Family Practice Maternity Service (FPMS) is a group of dedicated family doctors who are passionate about providing maternity care. We have joined together to offer our skills and services to childbearing women and their families. Our many years of experience and our commitment to excellence mean that our patients receive personalized, high quality care. We believe in teamwork, both with each other and with our patients. Our shared philosophy and practice ensure consistency. We attend births at British Columbia Women’s Hospital (BCWH).
We provide care during:
- The hospital stay after the birth for mum and baby
- The period up to 6 weeks after the birth
- We provide maternity care and support for women who have had a previous caesarean section.
- We provide maternity care for pregnant women who are struggling with addictions.
- We make referrals to specialists when needed.
- We coordinate care from all members of the team which might include dietician, doula, psychiatrist, and obstetrician.
- We teach Medical and Midwifery Students and Family Practice Residents.
- We assist the transition back to the community family doctor.
- If a woman does not have a family doctor, we help her find one.
Visit us at our new website